Exmoor Young Voices has set up a new scheme offering on-going support for self builders on the moor. Young people on Exmoor wanting to build their own home can now benefit from:
‣ Help finding an inexpensive plot of land where Exmoor National Park are willing to consider planning permission for a S106 (local tie) build.
‣ Free support from self-builder Justin Tyers to create architectural plans for your self build. If you attended our Self Build Tour and workshops, you'll have already paid a visit to Justin's house. It's also been featured in the press.
‣ Weald & Downland training on working with natural materials & gaining practical skills.
‣ Help with securing a self build mortgage. We will advise you on the most likely sources & help you make your case.
‣ Support sourcing building materials (with a corporate buying mentality) from not-so-obvious sources.
‣ Mentoring from Justin Tyers to provide you with on-going support through the entire process.
If you would like to find out more about our Self Build Support scheme please email: firstname.lastname@example.org